summer dresses 2016


Meine deutschsprachigen Leser können diesen Beitrag auch hier auf Soulfully lesen!


Summer has arrived at Germany and we are having our first 90 degrees. Definitely the perfect weather for summer dresses. And even though I am neither a fan of summer and hot temperatures nor of dresses, I must admit that this season has got so many beautyful dresses to offer that I just couldn't resist.
Here are my most favourite dresses of this season.

The Vintage Dress:

dress - ASOS Curve / shoes + sunglasses - ASOS

I just love how authentic this dress is. It really could be directly from the 70's. The print is just so wonderfully whimsical and old-fashioned which makes the dress so unique. This piece is definitely my most fovorite summer dress and I am getting compliments for it everywhere I go.


The Off-Shoulder Dress:


 dress - ASOS Curve / sunglasses - River Island via ASOS / shoes - ASOS

You guys know I mostly like my clothes clean and minimalistic. This dress is so simple but also so comfortable. Plus, everyone needs an off-shoulder dress this season. You just have to pick your favourite style. The linen quality of this dress is also perfect for hot summer days.
A great hint for you: get 2 elastic hair ties and 4 large safety pins. Use 2 pins for
each hair tie and fasten the hair tie with the pins to the inner sides of the sleeve seams (at front and back), around 1 inch below the upper edge. Now when you get into the dress make sure that the hair tie lies directly under your arm pits. This will prevent your dress to slide up which can be very annoying with off-shoulder pieces.


The Shirt Dress:


 dress - Junarose via ASOS Curve / shoes - New Look (old) / bag - ZARA (similar)

The shirt dress is an absolute must-have for every wardrobe. It is so easy to wear as an every-day dress and still so versatile. You can easily combine it with heels and a blazer for a modern business look. Or just wear it with boots and a biker jacket for a more casual look. 


The Maxi Dress:


 dress - ASOS Curve (+similar) / shoes - New Look (old) / earrings - Mango (similar)

Ugh, you just got to love maxi dresses. To me they are the embodiment of summer. This season they can't be wide and oversized enough. This one reminds me of an old nightgown - and I love it. It's just so off which makes it super cool. Definitely look for bright colours. Yellow, orange and red are this seasons must-have colours for maxi dresses.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,