love at 2nd sight


Rock - Zizzi via navabi (c/o)  / Sweater - Mango Violeta (old) / Blazer - Asos Curve / Shoes - New Look / Purse - Zara (old)


Have you ever made the experience that you see a garment which at first doesn't really attracts you and then, some time later you coincidentally see it again and suddently it seemed so appealing that you wouldn't want to live without it? Well, this is exactly how I came to this skirt. I have seen it the first time a year ago at the Curvy fashion fair. It was hanging with some other really gorgeous pieces at Zizzi in their capsule collection 'Wardrobe of Wonders'. At this time I haven't been interested in this skirt, my heart was beating for their scuba pieces. Besides, I am not really a fan of prints and then 2 prints combined in only one piece seemed a bit to much to me... at first.
I recently came across this same piece at the summer sale at navabi and suddenly everything was clear. I finally could understand and see the beauty of this piece. "It would so good with my boyfriend blazer", was the first thing that came to my mind. It really was love at second sight.
Why it sometimes takes time and a second look until you learn to value and to really like something I may not be able to determine. Maybe I just haven't been ready for it. What I definitely know is just because I am working in the fashion industry, I am not freed from missing out on a trend. Sometimes the eye simply needs time to accustom to a new look. Just as I have experienced it and now that I finally possess this skirt I wouldn't ever want to miss out on it again. Trend aside, gorgeous fashion can be worn anytime.


Kennt ihr das, ihr seht ein Teil das euch zunächst gar nicht anspricht und eines Tages stößt ihr per Zufall wieder darauf und könnt ohne es auf ein mal nicht mehr leben? Nunja, so ging es mir mit diesem Rock. Ich hatte ihn zum ersten Mal auf der Curvy Messe am Stand von Zizzi gesehen. Der Rock hing zusammen mit einigen anderen Teilen in der Capsule Collection 'Wardrobe of Wonders'. Zu dieser Zeit hatte ich mich eher für die Neopren- Teile der Kollektion interessiert und hatte wenig Augen für den Rock. Zudem bin ich gar kein Freund von Prints und gleich zwei Prints vereint in einem Rock, das war zu viel des Guten... zunächst!
Als ich neulich im Sale bei navabi auf das selbige Teil gestoßen bin , konnte ich meine Augen auf ein Mal gar nicht mehr abwenden. "Wie cool würde es mit meinem Boyfriend Blazer aussehen" , dachte ich. Es war Liebe auf den zweiten Blick.
Wieso es manchmal einen zweiten Blick und etwas Zeit brauch bis man etwas schätzen und mögen lernt kann ich mir selbst nicht erklären. Vielleicht war ich einfach zuvor nicht bereit dafür. Vielleicht auch einfach nicht reif dafür. Jedenfalls ist es nicht so, dass nur weil ich in der Modebranche arbeite, ich davor befreit bin einen Trend zu verpassen. Manchmal brauch das Auge einfach etwas Zeit sich an etwas zu gewöhnen. So war es auch bei mir und nun, da ich den Rock endlich habe, möchte ich ihn auch gar nicht mehr missen. Trend hin oder her, schöne Mode kann man immer tragen!  


gesponserter Beitrag / gifted by navabi (c/o)








Labels: , , , , , , , , ,